Madonna approves of Gaga’s ‘Born This Way’!

So in case you missed the entire day’s worth of Twitter feuding over whether or not Born This Way was a rip-off of Express Yourself and whether Lady Gaga or Madonna was the better artist, well you can all make with a ceasefire: Gaga told Jay Leno (ugh) yesterday that Madge’s people sent her an email saying they approve completely of her new song. Problem solved?

“There is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me,” Gaga responded. “I am the hugest fan personally and professionally.” The pop superstar went on to reveal that she received communication from her Madgesty, and that she’s OK with the song. “Well, the good news is that I got an e-mail from her people and her, sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be,” Gaga told Jay. SOURCE

This is what I absolutely fucking hate about fandom: It’s pretty much about spending 10% of your time actually enjoying the things you like, and then spending the other 90% of your time sobbing on the internet arguing that the thing you like is better than everyone else. For fuck’s sake, I just want to like the things I like and not spend and entire day having a bitchfit because someone dared piss on my golden cow.

Lady Gaga

About JEREMY FEIST 5006 Articles
Jeremy Feist is an (ahem) entertainer from Toronto, Canada. He writes, acts, and performs on stage, and has been a writer for Popbytes for almost three years now. He lives in Toronto with his boyfriend, his incredibly dumb but cute puppy, and his immortal cat.